Monday, October 17, 2011

Beet, Celery, & Apple Smoothie

If you have been feeling exhausted, be it because you’ve been recuperating from an illness or injury or just because you’ve been under pressure, then this drink can help you.

Nutritional Value: Vitamins C, A, B complex, and E, iron, and folate.
For one serving, you will need:
1 small beet, cooked
1 small apple, cored and chopped, or about 3 fl oz apple juice
1 Large celery stalk, chopped


Prepare beet for cooking and cook. Google “how to cook beets” – you can bake, steam, boil, roast, bake or microwave.


I decided to steam.


I decided to put my cooked beets in the fridge to get cold. I then blended an apple, a little apple juice, and the celery stalk.


It turned out really well. I couldn’t believe that I was drinking BEETS. Not bad at all.

From: Smoothies and Juices---- Great little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment