Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living Without The Mask


Just a few years ago, you could not have gotten me to post a pic of myself in this state. Not that I am a big make-up wearer, but this pic reveals a true natural state for myself, both spiritually and naturally. This is me not hiding behind make-up, clothes, hair do and any other thing we, especially us women, hide behind.
In my upcoming book, “In Search of True Beauty,” I talk about finding beauty from the inside out. Read an excerpt below:

“One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD…” (Psalm 27:4 AMP). When we come in contact with Him, we come in contact with real beauty. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror, the glory or beauty of the Lord, are being transformed into THE SAME IMAGE…, just as from the Lord” (AMP). And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.
Notice the two scriptures referenced above, “unveiled face” or “Nothing between us and God.” Before we can put on the “veils” of God’s true beauty, we must take all other “veils” off. In other words, before we can put on His beauty, we Have to come clean, “Will the real you please stand up?” Take off the mask. We must remove all of our false sense of security (the make-up/clothes), all of our defenses, all the things we have put our confidence in (people/possessions), all the reasons we feel insecure- take down the walls. This is when we can see Him in all of His beauty, and that’s when we shall be changed!
Are you living without the mask?

“In Search of True Beauty” will be out this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment