Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hope for the Prophet and Us!!

So many godly people stay in bondage after they have “messed-up.” They feel unworthy, ashamed and they think how or even why would God restore them after all they have done. This is even worse for someone who is a leader in the church. They fall into corruption, sin or the likes and they are not only judged by society, but it’s a rebuke to God. “He is nothing but a fake anyway.” “Let’s see what God does now.” You know how people put God on trial right along side of the culprit.
I remember (I am almost ashamed to share this story, however, I was very young and didn’t know any better) I had a teenage cousin and he had given his life to God and you could visibly see him trying to live a life that was pleasing to God. However, we (me and a few of our other cousins) use to make fun of him, especially when he did something that was not “god-like.” It became a running joke to say “you such a God man” whenever he did something that we deemed was ungodly. Looking back I can see the pain in his eye as we relentlessly made fun of him and how we associate his wrong doing with relationship with God as if that relationship was not real because he messed-up. But that is exactly what is done to people who have a relationship with God and they “mess up.” They are relentlessly taunted and they are made to feel like their relationship/walk with God before the fall was not real. They then come to believe that God has written them off.
Well just like as a child, I was being used by our foe the devil, these same people are being used by the devil to keep you down and not allowing God to restore your relationship with Him. You don’t have to stay in bondage to your wrong-doings. We must confidently trust in God- even in deep difficult and hard times. Trust in the Lord for redemption because He will redeem you. Say to the devil and those who are lead (many time unknowingly by him) and pray to God what the prophet Micah prayed in Micah 7:

7 As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. 8 Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. 9 I will be patient as the Lord punishes me, for I have sinned against him. But after that, he will take up my case and give me justice for all I have suffered from my enemies. The Lord will bring me into the light, and I will see his righteousness. 10 Then my enemies will see that the Lord is on my side. They will be ashamed that they taunted me, saying, “So where is the Lord—that God of yours?” With my own eyes I will see their downfall; they will be trampled like mud in the streets. (NLT)

It does not matter how many times you have fallen, done wrong, messed-up or behave ungodly, if you have given your life to God then your relationship with Him is real and He is just to forgive and restore. He is always on your side and He loves us through our mess. That does not mean correction will not occur, but, like any loving parent He will bring correction. However, it is always with a loving hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment